MY TWISP, WA - PHOTO CONTEST 2016
Join us in celebrating Twisp, Washington with your photos. Capture your time in [or trip to] Twisp and our beautiful Methow Valley, post it on our Facebook or Instagram Page and enter to win a bundle of prizes from our local businesses. We will accept a variety of photos – 3 per participant - but please adhere to the rules below. Spread the word! Starts, Friday, Oct 7th and ends Monday, November 7th.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TwispWashington
Instagram page: www.instagram.com/twispwa
Starts Friday, October 7, 2016 – Ends Monday, November 7, 2016 at 11:59pm PST
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org (Please read all rules below before emailing us.)
All photos must be posted to either the Twisp Chamber of Commerce Facebook Page or to Instagram with the hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016
By using the hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016 participants agree to the rules listed below.
Two prizes will be awarded this year for the photo that gets the most likes in each category:
- Facebook Contest Winner – Fan Favorite: [Prize: A bundle of gifts from Twisp Chamber Members. Gifts will be added to the package as the contest progresses and announced online!]
- The photo receiving the most “likes” or “reactions” by November 7, 2016. You must LIKE our page to participate. You must use hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016. [Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TwispWashington/]
- Instagram Contest Winner-Fan Favorite: [Prize: A bundle of gifts from Twisp Chamber Members. Gifts will be added to the package as the contest progresses and announced online!]
- The photo receiving the most “likes” on Instagram by November 7, 2016. You must FOLLOW us on Instagram and tag TwispWA on your post to participate/You must use hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016 [Instagram page: TwispWa]
Please note, we cannot help you to create or establish Facebook or Instagram pages. Thank you for your understanding.
- Photos should represent Twisp and can be taken in any location on your trip to, or in, Twisp, Washington. Please be advised that all photos should be taken within 100 miles of Twisp, WA.
- Contest Participants must be 13 years and older please.
- All participants must LIKE our Facebook page or FOLLOW us on Instagram.
- Participants may submit up to three photos.
- We reserve the right to remove any photo for any reason.
- Inappropriate photos will be deleted (e.g., anything illegal, feeding or harassing wildlife, swimming in an unsafe area, images showing contradiction of the rules or the family-friendly spirit of the contest, no nudity, no dead animals or violence, no political messages, no clearly religious photos please, posts please.) If you have questions please email us at email@example.com after reading all rules.
- Please do not submit photos of children under 13 years of age or of persons who have not clearly given you the right to photograph them. This opens multiple legal issues about whether or not the people in the photo have granted permission to have their image used in a public forum.
- No text. Photos with text, including copyright, watermark, or other text overlays will not be considered in the contest.
- No previously published or professionally recognized photos are permitted in the contest.
The last possible time to submit a photo will be November 7, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
- Each fan may submit up to three photos.
- Our Facebook fans will choose the winner of the Facebook and Instagram contests by voting with a “like”. On Facebook we will also count “reactions” as number of likes.
- Note that we want to use your photos of Twisp in our marketing. This is one of the reasons we are holding this contest. Every photo entry that the Twisp Chamber of Commerce receives as part of the contest becomes the property of the Twisp Chamber. The Chamber will have non-exclusive, unlimited use of the photo(s).
- You still own the photo and may use it however you see fit.
- Any photo submitted without use of the hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016 on the post- not on the photo —will not be considered.
- Additionally, you waive the right to inspect or approve any use of the material and any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the material.
- The Twisp Chamber of Commerce may also share the photos with other partners, and with the media. Credit of photos submitted to this contest will be provided for each use.
- Using the hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016 shows us that you have read and understand these contest rules, intend to have your photo be part of the contest, and understand that by submitting photos to this contest, you agree that the Twisp Chamber of Commerce and its assigns have the right to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute or display and use these materials in whole or in part, for government and non-government purposes, in any manner or media (whether now existing or created in the future), in perpetuity, and in all languages throughout the world. Use of this material shall include, but not be limited to, audiovisual programs, gallery exhibits, websites, publications, product artwork, and project publicity.
- A high-resolution version of winning photo(s) must be emailed to the Twisp Chamber of Commerce upon completion of the contest at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Board members of the Twisp Chamber of Commerce and their families are excluded from participating in the contest.
- There will be one winner for each prize. Winners will receive one of two gift packages that will be made up of a combination of gifts from Twisp Chamber Members.
- Note, that fraudulent or “purchased” likes on Facebook or Instagram will immediately disqualify you from the contest.
- If you agree to these rules please use the hashtag #mytwispwacontest2016 and get started!
HOW TO SUBMIT A PHOTO
- You may submit up to 3 photos on Facebook and 3 photos on Instagram. These photos may be the same three photos or three different photos. You must clearly read the rules below to avoid being disqualified.
- You can submit your photo(s) to the Twisp Chamber of Commerce Facebook account on the wall or through Instagram.
- On Facebook, please like our page - www.facebook.com/TwispWashington/-, then post your photo with the details listed below.
- On Instagram, you must first follow us –TWISPWA. Then tag your photo according to the details below.
- You must write #mytwispwacontest2016 on the post—not on the photo—for consideration when submitting your photo(s). Remember – no added text on your photo.
- In addition, you are encouraged to provide a title, location, and name of the photographer with your photo.
- Any photo submitted without the hashtag: #mytwispwacontest2016 will not be considered.
By including #mytwispwacontest2016 with your submission, you show us that you have read and understand these contest rules, intend to have your photo be part of the contest, and understand that every photo submission that the Twisp Chamber receives as part of the contest becomes the Twisp Chamber’s property. Please note, we cannot help you to create or establish Facebook or Instagram pages. Thank you for your understanding.
HOW CAN I VOTE FOR THE FAN FAVORITE?
You may “Like” photo entries when they are posted to the Twisp Chamber’s Facebook wall and Instagram page. Sharing photos on Facebook is a great way to get more exposure and more likes. Ask fans to share. “Likes” count as votes for all prizes (Instagram and Facebook.) The Photo Contest starts on October 7, 2016 and ends on November 7, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. The top photo from Instagram and the top photo from Facebook will be announced by November 11 via Facebook, Instagram, Radio and Newspaper.
Following the end of the contest, The Twisp Chamber will set up a Facebook Photo Contest Album on our website www.twispinfo.com and in a photo album on Facebook. It may take us some time to get the album up and running. Your patience is appreciated.
Thank you and have fun! Spread the word and visit us in Twisp, Washington. STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have questions please email us at email@example.com after reading all rules.